Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Six weeks later....appointments and maternity leave

Little miss is six weeks old today...SIX weeks people! I wish I had a magic wand that can slow down time, but I don't. Adeline is happy, unless the reflux is hitting, then she has a temper that is NO JOKE! I call her little, but she really isn't. Wearing three month clothes and covered in rolls....and don't even get me started about her cheeks.....I could kiss them for hours.

Six week check up-This was my first six week check with a new doctor. With previous c-sections the six week check meant a pelvic and pap....this doc did a scar check and chatted to see how I was doing. It wasn't stressful, or uncomfortable, and I am so thankful for that, and for her bringing my little girl safely into the world.

Hitting the six week point also brings for the reality that my maternity leave is flying. I'm so thankful that I have a job that allows me to take off as much time as I have leave saved up for, but I know that so many momma's get no or only six weeks of leave. I can't even imagine leaving her at this point and being back at work. Even though she will be well cared for by her Aunt, the reality is that her momma is not going to be there and I will miss a lot of her first! That....is a hard pill to swallow.

So for now I will cherish every little second I have with her. I will kiss those cheeks a million times, cuddle her close, and try to memorize every minute of it!



No comments:

Post a Comment